This is a website providing information on the Northeast Region of the American Chemical Society, which covers New England and upstate New York. Events within the region include the annual NERM conferences (the "Northeast Regional Meetings"; these are coordinated and overseen at the regional level by members of the regional board, as well as representatives from all of the local section. The local sections of the Northeast Region are listed below.
Upcoming regional meetings
The next general NERMs will be as follows:
- NERM 2022: Rochester, NY, on October 2-5, 2022. For more information see (https://nerm2022.wordpress.com/).
- NERM 2023: June 14-17, 2023 at Northeastern University in Boston. For more information see https://2023.nermconference.org/, with Prof. Stuart Schreiber as keynote.
- NERM 2024: No meetings currently planned.
Recent past meetings
NERM 2020: Rochester, NY, was not held in 2020, as it was postponed till October 2-5, 2022 because of COVID-19.
NERM 2019 was held at Saratoga Springs, NY on June 23-26, 2019.
In June 2018, there was a specialist "Northeast Nanomaterials Meeting" (NENM 2018) in Lake Placid. There was no NERM in 2017.
The Northeast Region of the ACS consists of the following Local Sections in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont:
Central New York
Eastern New York
Northern New York
Western New York
- Dr. Julianne Smist, Chair
- Dr. Willem Leenstra, Vice Chair
- Dr. Alyssa Thomas, Secretary
- Dr. Wayne Jones, Treasurer
You may find information on this site by using the search bar, or by clicking through the categories.